Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Joy of Yellow Journalism

So over the past week I had the pleasure of having FOUR articles published on my favorite website for comics/movies/television BleedingCool.com

Part of the reason the site speaks to me personally is because the site encourages all of its authors to share their personal opinions in their work in the style of yellow journalism and - from the works of Chuck Klostermen and Hunter S. Thompson to my long-standing love for freewriting - this is my favorite form of writing.

Part of the reason for the surge of activity was because last week I attended Hartford Comic-Con and that's where I got my stories.  It was awesome to have so much content to work with and I also benefited from working with a talented group of young filmmakers I met through Craigslist: Victor De Leon, JC Cooley and Alex Collins. Below are three of the stories I wrote on the event, as well as one review, most of which include videos I co-edited with De Leon - Enjoy!

1-    The Joys of Yellow Journalism: Interview with Tim Sale
Published June 7th 2014 on BleedingCool.com

2-    More Than a Feeling – Indy Comic Creators at Hartford Comic-Con
Published June 4th 2014 on BleedingCool.com

3-    Hartford Comic Con’s First Outing Hits Home For Local Fans
Published June 3rd 2014 on BleedingCool.com

4-    Review of Nightwing #30 – Grayson Finally Becoming His Own Man
Published May 29th 2014 on BleedingCool.com


No comments:

Post a Comment